Saturday, January 16, 2010
Freedom Writers: Teaching
I. Talk to a partner.
1. What are the characteristics of a good teacher. Make a list of at least 8 qualities he must have.
2. What are some characteristics a good teacher can't have. Make a list of 5 of them.
3. Who is your favorite teacher? Why?
4. Have you ever had problems with a teacher? Talk about it.
5. In your opinion, what are the greatest difficulties a teacher faces?
6. How different is it to teach at a regular public school and at a private school? Explain it.
7. Are teacher's pay fair where you live? If not, why not?
8. Are teachers acknowledged the way they deserve? Justify it.
9. Is teaching dangerous where you live?
10. How will teaching change in the future?
Watch the movie segment. Then discuss the following questions:
1. Describe the scene.
2. What are the adversities this teacher will face during the term?
3. How should she handle the situation?
4. How would you describe this group of students?
5. How would you describe the teacher?
6. Is it possible to teach with such a group of students? Explain it.
7. How different is this reality from where you study? Explain it.
8. What would be the ideal school like, in your opinion?
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - FREEDOM WRITERS